Katong Plaza is located just next to Roxy Square. It is a 999-year leasehold commercial property. However, from the outlook of this building it does seem under-utilised and looks dated.
Hungry go where?
We passed by Katong Plaza today and chanced upon a newly open eatery by the name of KL Shao Roast. There was a logo of a piggy and Little M was obviously intrigued.
Well, you would have guessed that we decided to settle our lunch here ; -)
Every Sunday, eateries around Katong area are likely to be packed during the lunch hour as throngs of people from nearby churches would gather and dine together.
Take a look at their menu. Contemplating which dishes to choose…
Crowds beginning to trickle in. Thank goodness we had already placed our orders.
Our orders finally arrived. We were pleasantly surprised that the servings were not stingy. The char siew was cut into larger slices which made our meals even more filling.
This is their soy sauce chicken noodle.
This is their crispy roast pork noodle. Look at the huge serving. The roast pork is damn crispy. I wonder how they prepare it.
Big M clearly enjoying her meal.
We were fortunate to be sitting inside the building which was air-conditioned. Seats are also available outside.
This is the owner’s contact.
Truly a satisfied customer … We will definitely be back again!
If you happen to be in Katong, come and give KL Shao Roast a try!
My review of KL Shao Roast
- The char siew / soy sauce chicken and crispy roast pork noodles really taste great
- Reasonable serving. I suppose for the price of $4 you pay, it justifies
- There are any roast meat eateries nearby. There used to be one besides 328 Katong Laksa a few years ago but it had since gone.
- Responsive staff and friendly owners
- Limited seats during peak hour. But there is a good news. If you choose to dine in or take-away, just sms/call the owner Pearl Chua (9380-3323) to place your order to quicken the ordering process.
Address: 1 Brooke Road, B1-K3, Katong Plaza, Singapore 429979
Hours: Tues – Sun (11:30am – 8:00pm) Last order at 7:30pm
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Do share it with your friends if you like it. If you would like to receive further updates, do like my Facebook page here. You can also follow me on Twitter (@katongkidsinc), Instagram (@katongkidsinc). Thank you!
3 thoughts on “KL Shao Roast @ Katong Plaza”
“The team at Turn The Web page Online Marketing have done a tremendous work for me. They are specialists in their field and also supply awesome outcomes.