Review & Giveaway
If the little things in life give the sweetest pleasures, then the range of Chewly Chinese New Year goodies surely will not disappoint. With 20 years of heritage under its belt, you can say Chewly being incorporated in 1996 has mastered the art of creating tasty pastries for everyone.
We received a pleasant surprise when these Chewly goodies arrived. The next thing we knew, we had a problem! A good problem we would say – that is, deciding which variety of Chewly goodies we are going to taste first. All of them look equally yummy 🙂
Let’s start with 5 varieties of Chewly Chinese New Year goodies:
- 3-Seed Cookies 400g (bottom right) : New Addition for this year – A Healthy combination of 3 seeds- Pumpkin | Sunflower | Sesame seeds
They have 3 seeds inside, which does awesome things to the texture to these cookies. And it keeps them permanently nutritious. And makes them healthy, breakfast worthy even?
2. Special Nyonya Pineapple Tart 380g : Best Pineapple Seller!
Sure to satisfy any sweet tooth, this Nyonya pineapple tarts adds a creaminess that works perfectly with the pineapple zest.
3. Golden Durian Cake 400g : A Singaporean speciality rounded with golden durian filling
These ‘babies’ had a sweet durian flavour and were reasonably chewy inside!
4. Cashew Nut Cookies 300g (top left) : I didn’t stop having just one. The crispy outer and incredibly soft and chewy cashew nut cookies makes me just yearn for a second round. For once, this is a good calories investment.
5. Nyonya Love Letter 320g : Cylindrical love letter crisps baked to a beautiful hazel-brown colour
My girls all-time favourite. Big M took one and wolfed it down, then she had another, and another. Small M was next to follow. And she was clamouring for more. I had to stop them, no more eating! At the rate they were going, there would be nothing left to photograph.
ABOUT CHEWLY – JA LAN TIONG
This is the brand behind Chewly CNY goodies we have been sharing. If there is anything that Ja Lan Tiong would stand for, it would be this – Quality, Trustworthy and Tradition. Yes, these 3 words sum up this local well-established brand which has been incorporated in Singapore since 1996. Who would have know that what started out from a small family business has continually grown not just to serve peoples’ appetite, but also their hearts. Hey, they have been selling festive goodies in the local market for 20 years.
How different are they?
All their cookies are specially selected, handmade and quality is good.
Find out more about them at www.jalantiong.com (stay tune as a new revamped website will be up soon)
- Product Range: They have a total of 25 different types of cookies, from pineapple tarts, to nyonya love letters, to nutty cookies and special combinations like durian cake and 3-seed cookies.
- Prices: Affordable & ranging from $4.20 to $8.95.
- Where to find : At any of the major supermarkets in Singapore, for example NTUC | Giant | Sheng Siong | Prime | Cold Storage etc. Just head to the Chinese New Year cookies section, you will definitely find Chewly goodies.
Special thanks to Chewly, we are giving away 3 hampers of CNY goodies (above) to THREE LUCKY READERS. All you need to do is to be a “Super Sharer”. To participate, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Follow our Instagram account
- Like Katong Kids Inc‘s Facebook Fan Page
- Like the blog post and tag/share to as many people as you can on the comment section. Remember to share it on your Facebook account publicly.
Each Hamper Contains:
- One healthy & tasty 3-seed cookie (New launch)
- One of this pineapple classics (Special Nyonya Pineapple tart / Butter Pineapple Tart / Butter Pineapple cake)
- One of Chewly selected specialities (Golden Durian Cake/ Cashew nut / SujiCookies
Congratulations to our three lucky readers:
Cherry Joanna Heng
Terms & Conditions
- The giveaway ends on 1st Feb 2016, 11:59pm.
- The winner has to complete the 3 steps mentioned above in order to be qualified.
- The winners must be agreeable for his/her contact details (name/email address) to be provided to Ja Lan Tiong Pte Ltd as part of this giveaway.
- The winners has to self-collect the hampers from Katong Kids Inc
- The prizes cannot be converted to cash or other items.
- Katong Kids Inc’s decision is final, and reserves the right to disqualify anyone who does not deem to have fulfilled the terms stated.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of the giveaway without prior notice.
Disclosure: No financial compensation was received, and all photos and opinions in this post are mine, and all rights reserved. This is 3/3 series of our CNY goodies review and giveaway.
Keep your eyes peeled, as we continue updating details of our blog@Katong Kids Inc Facebook page – expect more activities and giveaways coming your way! 🙂