We know the importance of consuming fruits and the host of benefits it brags – increasing our energy levels, improving our digestive system, prevention of chronic diseases and many more.
Walking along Telok Ayer Street, one would find one of the probably best-kept treasures in this CBD area – “MomoBud”, a fresh and high-quality premium fruit retail & online store. A family-run business since 2001, MomoBud serves nearby CBD office workers who want to adopt healthy culture in their daily lives. In 2015, it opened up its doors islandwide through online platform so that they can expand and reach out to the mass.
We are convinced of their benefits, and what a pleasant surprise we got when these premium fruits are delivered to our doorstep!
What we received: (Top Left Clockwise) Snow Princess White Peach, La Petite Australian Plum, Midknight Beauty Sugrathirtheen Black Grape, R2E2 Mango, Korean Strawberry and NZ Red Cherry
It offers over 90 varieties of finest seasonal/non-seasonal and exotic fruits that some of you may not even aware its presence in our lion city. Some of the examples are below:
[Image Credit: MomoBud]
(From Clockwise) Red Kiwi, Moon Drops Grape, Pitahaya, and Seedless Lychee.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES OFFERED
In MomoBud, they offer a wide range of services for their customers:
- Next Day Delivery
– Home & Office delivery
Get your fruits without stepping out of your house/office!
2. Corporate fruit subscription
– Fruit box for company staffs weekly/monthly
Replace snacks with fruits to perk your staffs with health benefits for productivity!
3. Fruit Hamper/Crate & Pack
– Personalized Fruit Gift Crates, Basket and Box ideal for any occasion
All-rounded gifts that are elegant and classy which looks more than what it is worth!
HOW MOMOBUD WORKS
In MomoBud, all fruits are carefully hand-picked and packed by trained staffs with over 15 years of experience.
[Image Credit: MomoBud]
Conducts inspection to ensure quality assurance of fruits.
Fruits are kept fresh in the chiller…
..and loaded onto goods van only when you order.
Packed and ready for delivery!
We love the story behind this concept of MomoBud. Sounds simple, but without passion and integrity, it amounts to nothing.
The colourful ranges of fresh fruits packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
Fruits not only build our health, they add a smile to our faces as well 🙂
Berries are superfoods which are high in antioxidants without being high in calories. It was said that some of the benefits of Korean Strawberries include anti-aging properties, improving our eye-sight and prevention of oesophageal cancer.
Small M was super excited to taste Korean Strawberries for the first time. They tasted real sweet and juicy!
Look at the size!
Benefits of New Zealand Red Cherries:
– Fights cancer and disease
– Relieves pain of arthritis and gout
– Regulates blood pressure that causes Preeclampsia
– Eliminates oxidative stress to skin and prevent premature aging
– Eliminates migraine headaches
– Improves sleep
Adapting to a new school and learning new syllabus have been the routine for Small M since the start of school term. It can be tiring as well, especially with the homework on hand. There were days when she had to rest late into the night. As such, having red cherries is certainly a plus as it improves her blood circulation and results in better energy in the day and sleep at night.
It is also beneficial for pregnant ladies to consume as it contains high levels of Vitamin C, which protects and boosts low immunity during pregnancy, and also anti-inflammatory properties which can relieve muscle pain and aids in a speedy post-natal recovery.
Let’s talk about size. The Australian Mango almost occupies my entire hand. It has a firm fibreless flesh with a full, sweet flavor and a smooth deep orange blushed skin. It is cross-bred to create a fleshier juicy cheek with smaller seed (excellent seed-to-mango flesh ratio), which is better value for money.
Cut open and it reveals its true color … or rather flesh. Pure freshness within.
Small M was intrigued by its sheer size. We learn that eating it will boost our immune system and helps in our digestion due to the rich fibre that it gives.
Have you tried MomoBud’s Australian La Petite Sugar Plum before? It is a petite, egg-shaped fruit with a deep purple, often powdered blueberry colored smooth thin skin. Some of its benefits include cancer prevention, improving digestive system and eliminating stress and fatigue.
Unlike other common plums, this is the ‘true’ sugar plum which is used to make prunes which requires high sugar and water content. We just loved the idea of having a piece of down-under fresh produce back in the comfort of our home. Hey, and it’s available only once a year, get them while you can.
Australia White Peach has a sweet white to pale yellow flesh with the skin colour ranging from yellow/slight green to yellow/red. We cut it open and it was bursting with flavour and heavy with juice.
So, it’s Fruity Friday. It is so timely that we can prepare the fruits from MomoBud into the lunch box for Small M to bring to school. We simply love the idea of cultivating Big & Small M to have a habit of eating fruits when they are young.
It is a plus point to note that MomoBud dedicates to ensure the ultimate freshness of the fruits before and during delivery. As consumers, we want to stretch our dollar as much as we can. And with such quality and service, it is definitely worth every penny!
BUYING FROM MOMOBUD IS SO MUCH EASY
There are 2 ways for customers to buy fruits from MomoBud:
- Buying directly from the retail store at Telok Ayer Street
If you are part of the lunch crowd at Telok Ayer, hop onto their retail store (after your lunch) and buy fruits directly from them. Their fruits are always fresh for the day’s sales and their friendly staffs are there to assist with your enquiries. Ask them, and they will give you their honest recommendations. Seeing is believing. The array of fresh and premium fruits lining across the tables just never fails to draw the large crowd.
- 2. Ordering Online + Delivery
A few simple steps from order to completion:
- Select your fruits and checkout
- Receive confirmation mail for delivery
- Make payment through the stated gateway to confirm order
- Receive text before dispatch
Convenient, isn’t it? Personally, I find having an online presence makes ordering from MomoBud highly appealing. It is pleased to inform that delivery is free for orders that are SGD$100 and above though additional charges may apply to some locations.
Aside from seasonal fruits, do you also know that MomoBud’s Japanese premium fruits come at competitive prices and are cheaper than outside market rate? For example:
According to MomoBud, many people do not understand the vast difference in quality of fruits and therefore had made many wrong price-to-price comparisons. MomoBud aims to educate their customers on the types of fruit knowledges; choosing the ripeness, freshness and variety seasons. To know more, approach one of their knowledgeable staffs in their retail store or contact them through their contact page here (http://momobud.sg/contact-us/).
It’s fun to eat fruits and plenty of them. Eat healthily, live healthily. So what’re you waiting for? Check out MomoBud and their facebook page for newest updates and promotions today!
Our Walk-In Store
177 Telok Ayer Street
(in front of Oh Neul Han Jeom Korean Restaurant)
Store operating hours:
Mon-Fri: 12 PM – 3 PM
Sat, Sun & PH: Closed
Mon-Fri: 2 PM – 9 PM
Sat: 12 NN – 5 PM
(3 mins walk from DT18 Telok Ayer MRT)
1. Exit A
2. Head southwest on Telok Ayer St toward McCallum St
No. 57, 131, 167, 186, 400, 402, 533, 534, 535, 536, 542, 543, 548, 549, 550, 555, 560, 561, 563, 564, 565, 569, 700, 761, 970 & 971E
- Tel: (+65) 9650 4649
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to MomoBud, we are giving away SGD$50 seasonal/exotic fruits that serve a family of 4 + free delivery to 2 LUCKY READERS. To participate, simply:
- Like Katong Kids Inc‘s Facebook Page + Follow Instagram
- Like MomoBud‘s Facebook Page + Follow Instagram
- Share/Tag to as many people as you can responsibly under the comments section.
For bonus entries, click the online widget and answer a simple question:
Congratulations to our first lucky winner: Munich Lim
Congratulations to our second lucky winner: Christina S Yow
Terms & Conditions
- The giveaway is open to readers in Singapore and ends on 17 Feb 2016, 11:59pm.
- Each winner will be selected on the 11 and 17 Feb 2016 respectively.
- The winners have to complete the steps mentioned above in order to be qualified.
- All incomplete and unverified entries will be disqualified. All entries will be verified before the winner is announced.
- The winners must be agreeable for his/her contact details to be provided to MomoBud as part of this giveaway.
- The winners will be contacted using the contact particulars provided when entering this draw.
- The prizes cannot be converted to cash or other items.
- Katong Kids Inc’s decision is final, and reserves the right to disqualify anyone who does not deem to have fulfilled the terms stated.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of the giveaway without prior notice.
- Please note that all fake Facebook accounts (e.g. accounts set up purely to take part in contest with no authentic posts or with very few real friends) will be disqualified. All the best!
Disclosure: No financial compensation was received, and all photos and opinions in this post are mine, and all rights reserved.
Keep your eyes peeled, as we continue updating details of our blog@Katong Kids Inc Facebook page – expect more activities and giveaways coming your way! 🙂