The Millennia Kids Challenge is returning to Sengkang during the November holidays, to encourage children and their families to lead a healthy lifestyle! There will be sports, games and quizzes to enjoy on 05 Nov 2016, with attractive prizes to be won.
Participants can sign up as a family to complete either (1) obstacle games challenge or (2) 9km community cycling.
Obstacle Game Challenge
Form a team of 2 to 4 members, with your parents/guardians and have a go at the Obstacle Game Challenge. Conquer your limitations and overcome 10 obstacles to win a medal.
As we keep ourselves fit and healthy, we should not neglect the well-being of people around us. Games 1 and 2 are designed by Sengkang Health’s Occupational Therapists to create awareness and experience how the elderly and people with disabilities carry out common everyday activities.
Strengthening or conditioning our body is important to prevent injuries. Games 3 and 4 are designed by Sengkang Health’s Physiotherapists to introduce fun and easy exercises that involve buddy work.
Diabetes is a growing problem in Singapore today. It can deeply affect one’s quality of life if not well-controlled. The Health Promotion Board will be conducting interactive games to share healthy tips such as choosing wholegrain food, exercising and stress-relieving activities to prevent diabetes.
Playing sports is a great way to keep ourselves healthy and bring the community together. ActiveSG by Sport Singapore will be showcasing these sports in various formats for the community to experience and share the joy of living better through sport.
|Game 1||Game 2||Game 3||Game 4||Game 5|
|Experience what it is like to be visually impaired and have numbness in the fingers. Try picking up coins to buy items.||Experience how do you pick up items (with a reacher) after having hip surgery.||Move across the agility ladder to improve foot speed and coordination and perform various buddy workouts.||Playing tic-tac-toe in a shuttle run version.||Interactive games on diet and physical activities to prevent diabetes.|
|Game 6||Game 7||Game 8||Game 9||Game 10|
9 Km Community Cycling
Enjoy the speed and thrill of riding on two wheels? Grab your family and join the Tobacco-Free Generation 2000 (TGF2000) riders on a 9km road cycling journey round the Sengkang neighborhood, to show your support for a Smoke-Free Singapore.
- Minimum team size: 2 members
- Maximum team size: 4 members
- All members must be at least 10 years old
- At least 1 member must be a supervising adult, aged 18 and above
- At least 1 member must be a child, aged between 10 to 17
- All members must bring their own bicycles.
- The following vehicles are not allowed during the community ride:
- Motorised bicycles
- Bicycles with no brakes
- Scooters or kick scooters
- Riders must be properly attired.
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- Shoes must be worn during the event.
- Ride bibs must be displayed prominently on the back of the rider
In the situation when there is bad weather, the indoor Obstacle Game Challenge will still carry on. Announcement will be made for the Community Cycling to be called off. Participants affected are welcomed to take part in the obstacle game challenge.
- Exclusive Millennia Kids Challenge Event Tee for all participants.
- Exclusive Millennia Kids Challenge Finisher Medal and Goodie Bags for participants upon completion of Obstacle Game Challenge or 9km Community Cycling.
Click here to register for this event!
Click here to learn more about Sengkang Health.